In honor of Veterans Day on Monday, several area restaurants and businesses will offer special discounts on meals and admissions for veterans and active-duty military.
Participating restaurants and businesses include:
• Applebee’s Grill & Bar, 3000 Dial Drive, will offer a free meal for veterans and active-duty military with ID/proof of service all day Monday from special menu. Does not include drinks or tips. Dine-in only. Not valid with coupons or other discounts.
• Cracker Barrel Old Country Store, 530 30th Ave., will offer a free slice of double-chocolate fudge Coca-Cola Cake or Pumpkin Pie Latte (iced or hot) Monday.
• Elks Lodge, 380 McKenzie Ave., will offer a spaghetti dinner, 5:30-7:30 p.m. Monday. Donations welcome.
• Golden Corral, 3103 Dial Drive, will offer a free meal for veterans and active-duty military, 5-9 p.m. Monday. Dine-in only.
• Henry Doorly Zoo & Aquarium, 3701 S. 10th St., Omaha, will offer free gate admission to all veterans and their immediate families on Veterans Day. The zoo is open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• Hy-Vee, 2323 W. Broadway or 1745 Madison Ave., will offer a free breakfast for veterans, active-duty military and spouses, 6 to 11 a.m. Monday.
• Primrose Retirement Community, 1801 E. Kanesville Blvd., will offer a free Veterans Breakfast, 9 a.m. Monday; door prizes.
• Red Lobster, 3040 Dial Drive, will offer a free appetizer or dessert for veterans, active duty military and reservists with valid military ID Monday (In-restaurant or carry-out orders).
• Texas Roadhouse, 3231 S. 24th St., will offer free lunch for veterans and active-duty military 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday.
- Other restaurants with Veterans Day specials for veterans and/or active-duty military personnel may email information to email@example.com to have their deals posted online.