Joslyn Art Museum, 2200 Dodge St. in Omaha, and the museum’s teen council will present “Mask*A*Raid,” a teens-only dance party from 8 to 11 p.m. Saturday.
This free event will feature music, food, and the opportunity to hang out in a club-like atmosphere after hours at the museum, according to a press release from the museum.
Highlights of the event include:
• Music and dancing in the Storz Fountain Court to music from a teen-directed playlist. Attendees enter song requests via iPad and the Joslyn Jukebox responds.
• Masks and costumes are encouraged. Bring a mask or make one at the museum. Mask-making supplies and UV glow face paint will be provided at the event. Prizes will be awarded (from Blick Art Materials and other arts and culture-focused locales) in various creative categories.
• Food and floats including sliders, vegetarian choices, desserts, beverages, and a soda float station with a variety of options for mixing your favorite flavors.
• Photo booth featuring a teen-made backdrop. Photos can be texted or emailed directly to teens for sharing on social media using the hashtags #CreateJoslyn #TeensAtJoslyn
• Plus: hang out, jump in on a collaborative drawing, and experiment with the LiteBrite wall in the Blacklight Lounge.
“Mask*A*Raid” is a free, teen-only event. Advance registration is highly encouraged, but not required, at joslyn.org > Visit > TeenPrograms > Special Events. Doors open at 8 p.m; teens are asked to arrive no later than 9. Photo/school ID will be required at door. Re-entry will not be permitted.
The event ends promptly at 11 p.m.