• Seeking Safety — 10 to 11:30 a.m., Catholic Charities, 1215 N. Broadway. Financial Education and Empowerment also offered from 10 to 11:30 a.m. Free classes for those who identify as a victim/survivor of domestic or sexual violence. New participants will need to schedule an intake. Call 712-256-2059 ext. 103 for more information.
• Elks Lodge TGIF Dinner — 6 to 8 p.m., 380 McKenzie Ave. Call 712-323-2589 or find Elks Lodge 531 Council Bluffs on Facebook for weekly menu.
• Southwest lowa Narcotics Anonymous — Noon, Let It Be, New Litehouse, 200 16th Ave.; 6:30 p.m., Just for Today, Faith Community Church, 2701 N. Eighth St., Red Oak; 7 p.m., Clean & Free Group, first floor McDermott building, 800 Mercy Drive; 8 p.m., Straight and Grateful, 309 Elm St., Atlantic; 8:30 p.m., Discovery Group Church of Christ, 714 Benson St., Omaha; 8:30 p.m., Rebellions, New Litehouse, 200 16th Ave.
• Freedom Seekers Al-Anon — 7:30 p.m., Broadway Christian Church, 2658 Ave. A.
• Pickin’ and Grinnin’ Country Music Jam — 6:30 to 9 p.m., Corn Crib restaurant, 12 East St., Shelby. Musicians and music lovers invited to a weekly jam session. Call the Corn Crib at 712-207-2676.
• Ag Committee Spring Cookout — 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. The Ag Committee will serve steak sandwiches and hamburgers with chips and a drink from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Bayliss Park. Meal prices vary from $6 and $8.
• River City Farmers Market — 8 a.m. until 1 p.m., west side of The Center’s parking lot, 714 S. Main St. Through Mid-October.
• Overeaters Anonymous — 8:30 a.m., Douglas County Health Center, town hall meeting room, first floor, 42nd and Woolworth Streets, Omaha. Call Tracy at 402-551-9711. 10:30 a.m., Unity Church, 3424 N. 90th St., Omaha. Wheelchair accessible and child care provided. Call Dala at 402-210-3755.
• Southwest Iowa Narcotics Anonymous — 5 p.m., Saturday Serenity, St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, 812 Farnum St., Harlan; 6 p.m., On the Right Track, 515 E. Broadway; 8 p.m., Living Clean, 303 Walnut St., Shenandoah; 8:30 p.m., Rebellions, New Litehouse, 200 16th Ave.
• Gamblers 12-Step Program — 7 p.m., 354 N. 76th St., Omaha. For 24-hour hotline, call 402-978-7899.
• Crescent Optimist Club — 7 a.m., Henry’s Diner, 836 Old Lincoln Highway.
• Families Understanding Needs — 6 p.m., Rue Elementary School, 3326 Sixth Ave. Support group for families with children with special needs.
• Treynor Optimist Club — 8 a.m., Treynor Community Center.
• Underwood Optimist Club — 7:30 a.m., UMBA Hall.
• Celebrate CB Parade and Activities — Saturday, 10:30 a.m. The annual parade will begin around 10:30 a.m., and will begin at Ninth Avenue and Pearl Street, travel north up Pearl, turn onto South Main Street at West Broadway and end at the corner of Sixth Avenue and South Main Street. Bayliss Park children’s activities will begin following the parade. Following the parade, activities such as a Raise Me To Read story walk, face painting, wood building project and other activities for children will be available. Live music by the band Damaged Jenny will also be performed in the park.
For more information, go online to celebratecb.com.