The Pottawattamie County Community Foundation has announce recipients of its 2019 Community Grants.
In its largest grant funding cycle to date, PCCF awarded 43 grants totaling $51,800 to area nonprofits. Individual grants can range from $500 to $5,000 to be used for local projects throughout the county.
“This year’s community grants submissions were phenomenal,” said Donna Dostal, PCCF president and CEO. “Our committee members were truly impressed by the number of applicants and the combined total of over $190,000 in project requests.
“The variance of these impactful projects will amplify our community as a whole. Being able to provide funding to such wonderful nonprofit organizations in such an honor, and we are excited to see how PCCF will have a positive effect in our community.”
The majority of PCCF’s grant making is directed by donors who have funds created to directly impact charities located within our community. Dostal said that individuals and businesses can create their own fund through PCCF as a means to “give back” to the community, and their contributions can receive major tax benefits.
New endowment funds and future contributions will receive an additional 10% contribution from PCCF, and an Endow Iowa tax credit of 25% may also be available.
In 2018, PCCF donors and the Foundation provided $595,000 to 54 organizations for community-wide efforts.
For more information on creating a fund, please call PCCF at 712-256-7007 or visit ourpccf.org for more details. PCCF is nationally accredited by the Council on Foundations.
- American Midwest Ballet, $1,000 for education and outreach programs
- Boys & Girls Clubs of the Midlands, $500 for Smart Girls program
- Carson Business Club, $1,000 for block party celebration
- Carson Community Rodeo, $2,500 for Carson Rodeo VIP booths
- Carson Fire and Rescue, $1,500 for emergency pager notification upgrades
- Chanticleer Inc. $1,000 for G2K Once Upon a Mattress
- Charles E. Lakin Human Services Campus, $500 for back to school extravaganza
- Children’s Square U.S.A. $5,000 to support automobile purchase
- City of Avoca, $1,000 for 2019 Holidays on Main
- City of Avoca, $1,000 for entertainment and customer engagement on Avoca Main Street
- Completely KIDS, $1,000 for Phoenix House Family Services
- Council Bluffs Schools Foundation, $1,000 for summer Read & Feed program
- Crescent Food Pantry, $500 for food supplies
- East and West Pottawattamie Soil and Water Conservation Districts, $1,000 for Pottawattamie County Rural Ramble
- Girl Scouts of Greater Iowa, $1,000 for for mechanical engineering badges and GoldieBlox
- Golden Hills RC&D, $900 for Lewis and Clark Elementary School garden project
- Golden Hills RC&D, $1,000 for Southwest Iowa Art Tour 2019
- Habitat for Humanity of Council Bluffs, $1,500 for home ownership
- Impact Hill, $1,000 for Impact Hill Summer Camps 2019
- Inter-Faith Response, $1,000 for the emergency assistance fund
- Iowa Legal Aid, $1,050 for technology for disaster relief outreach
- Jennie Edmundson Memorial Hospital Foundation, $1,000 Caring for Our Communities in Southwest Iowa
- Joslyn Art Museum, $1,000 for Art for All — access to the museum for Pottawattamie County Schools
- League of Human Dignity, $1,500 for equipment loan and rental program
- Micah House Corp,, $1,500 for Building Up Dreams Developing Youngsters (Buddy) program
- New Horizon Presbyterian Church, $700 for community-wide fall celebration and Trunk or Treat
- Oakland Historical Society, $700 for History & Me workshop
- Oakland Volunteer Fire and Rescue Dept., $1,500 for helmet replacement project
- Omaha Bridges Out of Poverty, $1,000 for southwest Iowa poverty alleviation initiative
- Omaha Children’s Museum, $1,500 for partner school and welcome fund program
- Omaha Conservatory of Music, $1,500 for String Sprouts in Pottawattamie County
- Omaha Performing Arts, $1,000 for Musical Explorers program for Grades K-2 for Council Bluffs Public Schools
- Omaha Symphony, $1,000 for 2019-20 Mission Imagination at Iowa Western
- Open Door Mission, $1,000 for Council Bluffs Outreach/Donation Center; Homeless prevention
- Pottawattamie Arts, Culture & Entertainment, $1,500 for Music and Movies in the Park
- Share My Smile, $1,000 for Care for You Action
- Southwest Iowa Mediation Center, $1,000 for Children in the Middle program
- The Salvation Army-Council Bluffs Corps Community Center, $500 for food pantry for low-income residents of Pottawattamie County
- Underwood Optimist Club, $1,700 for Stop the Bleed, final phase
- Union Pacific Museum Association, $1,000 for Railroad Days community celebration
- Vision Treynor Group, $500 for irrigation system for Treynor family recreation complex
- Walnut Community Center Foundation, $2,500 for Wellness Center.