Crime graphic 3

A gas leak inside a residence forced about 10 homes to be evacuated Thursday morning near Fillmore and Fleming Avenues.

The leak occurred at 902 Fillmore Ave. as a result of a broken gas line. No injuries were reported.

According to Council Bluffs Fire Department Assistant Chief Chris Spencer, the situation is under control and no one is in danger.

"We did (the evacuation) as a precaution," Spencer said. "It is now safe for everyone who was evacuated to return to their homes."

Sign up for The Daily Nonpareil news alerts

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.

Recommended for you

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.