Got flood damage? Don't miss the upcoming deadline to apply for FEMA aid

John O’Connor picks up a photo of him and his brother from the 1950s that was pulled out of his flood-damaged home in Pacific Junction.

Mills County Emergency Management officials have announced that flood-affected Mills County homeowners interested in a buyout through the HMGP Project are required to complete a “Statement of Voluntary Transaction.”

These forms are available at the Mills County Auditor’s office for rural residents and at the Glenwood City Office for Pacific Junction residents. The forms must be completed in the office and co-signed by the governmental authority.

Completion of this paperwork is the next step in the application process for residents to be eligible for property buyouts. Once these are completed, the application can move forward to the next phase.

Sign up for The Daily Nonpareil news alerts

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.

Recommended for you

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.